The patient billing experience also impacts a patient’s view of his or her overall experience with a healthcare provider. Therefore, adding patient-friendly payment options is another critical aspect of improving the overall experience, especially as more and more patients are backed by a high-deductible health plan.
A study released in June 2013 by America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) found that more than 15.5 million Americans are now enrolled in high-deductible health plans – more than triple the amount enrolled over the past six years.
The ClearBalance patient-friendly loan program improves the patient/family experience and increases net collections.
- All families can immediately qualify, regardless of credit score
- Interest-free loans with payment terms as long as 72 months
- Patients pay no annual fees, late fees, punitive rates or minimum finance charges
- Easily add new balances and consolidate multiple bills into one easy payment
Craig Pergrem, Senior Director, Customer Service Care Center at Novant Health, had this to add. “We understand the changes in healthcare are ongoing, and we feel that ClearBalance gives our patients and their families a choice in decisions with regard to high-deductible plans and large, out-of-pocket expenses that are rarely planned. Novant Health feels this is one part of the Remarkable Patient Experience.”
Novant Health recently joined more than 450 hospitals nationwide utilizing the ClearBalance program to help patients and their families contend with high-deductible health plans and, most importantly, improve the patient/family experience.
For more information, please call ClearBalance at 858-200-9208.
- Meeting with the People: ClearBalance and Novant Health Partner for the Greater Charlotte Health & Fitness Expo